Volunteers help us over the weekend and we have lots of different roles available including bar work, sales, stewarding and Green Initiatives such as our Clean Campsite crew!
Being part of the Nozstock crew is huge fun and you’ll meet some great people and a fair few repeat offenders (ahem, attenders). You’ll be worked hard but your hard graft will be rewarded with an unforgettable weekend of fun and satisfaction. The festival is great because you are great so we have high expectations. Come! Join the fold…
FESTIVAL VOLUNTEER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All volunteers for bar, stewarding, Green Initiatives and customer service roles must be 18 years old or over, or for sales must be 17 years or over on the first day they arrive at the festival.
- All volunteers must register at the festival ticket hut between the hours of 4pm and 8pm on Thursday 18 July for Thursday night & Friday daytime shifts, and register by 11am on Friday 19 July for later shifts.
- You will be required to present proof of your UK citizenship (ie. right to work) on arrival at your training session. This should be the proof, of which you have supplied copies to Nozstock, in your application. This can be provided in the form of:
- EU passport, or
- birth certificate, or
- national insurance number card with a P60 or P45
- [a driving license, even for the UK, is NOT adequate]
- If you have another means of proof that you would like to check is suitable please email [email protected] to verify.
- All volunteers will work approximately 15-16 hours over the weekend. Back-up volunteers will work either one or two 7-8 hour shifts or could work no shifts at all. Most shifts are between 5pm on Thursday 18 July and 2am early on Monday 22 July, subject to change. Staff are required on a 24hr rota so night work may be required.
- To volunteer you will need to buy a ticket at a cost of £165 of which £5 is your ecobond. £160 will be returned to you within 10 working days after the last day of the festival if you are called to work and complete your shifts (Your bank may take up to 5 days to return your funds). The ticket fee is non-refundable if you do not complete all of your assigned shifts or if you cancel. Your booking fee will also be refunded. You can claim your £5 ecobond by taking a bag of rubbish to the ecobond stand when you leave the festival.
- Your priority as a volunteer is to help us run Nozstock The Hidden Valley. We appreciate that there may be specific attractions at the festival that you may want to see, and although we will try to be accommodating where possible, it may be that requests cannot be met.
- If you are accepted, you will receive acceptance notification once we have processed your form. Full confirmation will be conditional on your ticket payment being processed.
- If you are not successful, Nozstock will inform you. Your payment will be refunded in full and notification sent to you by email.
- Please ensure your phone is charged and on all weekend and that you are able to answer it in case of shift changes or important messages.
- Failure to attend an assigned shift or attendance in an intoxicated state will result in your ticket fee being non-returned.
- If all volunteer positions fill up we will offer you a back up position. Back up volunteers will be called if further work becomes available or other volunteers cancel. You must only take on back-up volunteering if you are happy to pay for your ticket, should you not receive shifts over the weekend. That is, you will be ‘on call’ and may be called for shifts at any time over the weekend. You will be refunded to the value of the shifts you attend. If you are not called to work as a back up volunteer you will not be given shifts and will only be refunded the difference between a Tier 3 adult weekend ticket (Thursday arrival) and the volunteer bond. Back up volunteers will be refunded either:
- The full £160 volunteer bond on completion of 14 hours worth of work at least.
- £80 on completion of 7 hours worth of work at least – half the ‘On the gate’ (Thursday arrival) ticket value.
- If you do not get called on to work – you get to enjoy the festival for the price of a ticket.
- Payments will be made within 10 working days of the end of the festival by direct transfer. Your bank may take up to 5 days to return your funds.
- All volunteers and workers are subject to the same ticket terms & conditions and rules & regs as any other attendee at Nozstock The Hidden Valley. Please appraise yourself of these before committing to a place.
Please complete all fields in the application or it may not be considered when making selections.