At Nozstock, we are consistently devoted to ensuring the festival experience is as easy as possible for our visitors with accessibility requirements. We certainly aren’t experts, but we continue to ask about, learn and improve where possible. As we are getting closer to the festival, it seems right that we should show you what we’ve committed to for 2022.
On our website you’ll find extensive info about access at Nozstock. Including how to claim a PA ticket, videos on the terrain around site, our partnership with Attitude Is Everything (Link here:http://attitudeiseverything.org.uk/about-us), everything you need to know about camping and parking, what facilities we have on site, and a downloadable festival map!
Please visit the Accessibility page here: https://nozstock.com/info/accessibility/
As part of our commitments to make our website and festival easier to access, we also implement the following wherever possible
- When using hyperlinks we try to use the full link and not ‘click here’ as it interferes with screen readers.
- Have downloadable and printable PDF versions of our webpages
- We are happy to provide any documents such as job descriptions in large print or to accept reasonable adjustments such as video CVs rather than written applications.
- We are committed to reply to any accessibility request within 5 working days at [email protected]
If you would like to make your own social media presence more accessible there’s plenty you can do! We’ve put together a handy list of suggestions that everyone can stick to when posting their photos/videos and stories, which are really helpful for device readers and light sensitivity;
- Use Camel Text (capital letter for each word) for hashtagging e.g. #NozstockTheHiddenValley #ParallelWorlds
- Include a warning for flashing lights/strobes in any video posts/stories
- Use Alt text for images (sometimes automated by certain platform)
- If videos contain speech make sure you use captions (not needed for songs).
If you think we have missed anything, or there’s anything we can do to help your Nozstock journey then let us know! John, our accessibility coordinator is always available at [email protected], you can message us on socials or even drop us a line via good old fashioned snail mail. We’d love to hear from you…
Love forever, Noz HQ x