Nozstock is more than just a music festival, with a treasure trove of theatrical happenings and deliciously eccentric walkabout, there is something wonderful lurking round every corner. Nozstock’s theatre, The Bantam of The Opera welcomes an eclectic mix of theatre shows, workshops, puppet acts, circus antics and a late night cabaret.
This year we have reserved a programming slot in the theatre for local, home-grown talent. If you are a theatre-maker that wants to see your work performed at “The best festival of its size in the UK” then now is your chance. You will also receive free tickets to the festival to enjoy the many other delights on offer!
A breakdown of what we are looking for is below, if you would like to apply to perform then please return application form to Theatre Manager, [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 16th May. We will announce the successful applicants end of May.
Performing in the Bantam of the Opera tent
– Your act must be between 30 mins – 1 hour long
– You will need to be available to perform on Friday 1, Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 August (times will be confirmed with the successful applicant). A tech slot will be available on Thursday 31 July
– Your act must be suitable for all ears, young and old – profanity and nudity free please!
– While we have a full set of working lights and sound remember this is a festival tent, the simpler the tech requirements the easier it is to get your show in.
– We are looking for theatre, physical theatre, dance, circus, puppets…or any combination of them all!
– If you have any questions about Nozstock: The Hidden Valley or the brief, please contact Theatre Manager, Ali Campbell at [email protected]
OR, if downloading an app form isn’t possible
– Please write a description of your show and why you feel it would work well at Nozstock (300 words max) with links to reviews, company website, videos or images where possible
– Please include a short description of your company and any previous work
– Please include a contact email address, telephone number, state where your company is based and include (where possible) a website link.